We just wanted to let you know that as of 4/1/23 all prescription requests will take 2 hours to be processed and filled for your pet, so please plan accordingly for refills. We will not be making exceptions to this policy. Now for a few reminders:
- Masks are optional.
- Please call when you arrive to your appointment to check in. When an exam room is ready a Technician or Receptionist will bring you in. We are trying to limit the number of patients in our waiting area to avoid any altercations.
- If you are coming to pick up food or medication, you do not need to call, come on in!
- Technician appointments and surgery drop off/pickup are still curbside. You must park in our back parking lot.
- Please, please, please be on time for your scheduled appointment and if you need to cancel or reschedule, please give us the courtesy of at least 24 hours notice, otherwise we reserve the right to charge a missed appointment fee.
- If you have an urgent matter, please do not e-mail us. You will get a much quicker response if you call the office.
- The clinic does not make appointments through the portal. If you need to schedule an appointment, please call us during our regular business hours.
We appreciate your attention to these matters!
-The Putnam Veterinary Clinic Staff
As a reminder to existing clients and new clients:
If we are seeing a patient that is new to the clinic because you have recently adopted a new pet, you are new to the area, you are seeking a 2nd opinion or just looking for a new veterinarian we will request records be forwarded to our clinic no less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If we do not have your records within 48 hours of your pets’ scheduled appointment, we will have to reschedule your appointment. When our Doctors receive records for your pet at least 2 days prior to your appointment, it ensures that the Doctor will have ample time to review past history, lab results, recommendations and treatments that have already been done elsewhere. When an owner brings records along to an appointment there is no time for the Doctor to review the records until the patient has already arrived; which will cause the Doctor to run behind schedule for her next patients. Our clinic is currently so busy seeing appointments that our Doctors are reviewing new records before the start of their day and after hours. We ask for your cooperation in this matter so your pet can get the best care possible while also not taking time away from another patient that requires care.
Also, continue to keep in mind:
- We are still booking routine appointments out 6+ weeks. Please call to schedule when you get your pet’s first reminder postcard!
- Surgeries are booking out about 6+ weeks as well.
- Please schedule necessary rechecks at the time of checkout.
- When you arrive for an appointment, call the clinic first, please remain in your vehicle with your pet until one of our technicians has come out to get you. Please make sure that cats, birds and small mammals are in a secure carrier. Please check to make sure that the collar or harness on your dog is secure so that they cannot back out of it.
- New Clients/New Patients will be asked for a $50 deposit when booking their first appointment. We are hoping that this will help alleviate the influx of “No Show’’ appointments by New Clients/New Patients we’ve had recently.
- Please be kind to our staff! Our staff is working extremely hard to take care of every patient that comes through our doors. We ask that you treat them with kindness and compassion otherwise we will ask you to seek care for your pet elsewhere.
New Client/ Patient Deposit Protocol
- Due to the number of new client/new patient “No Shows” we've had recently, we have made the decision to take a deposit when booking new clients/new patients. When someone chooses not to show up to an appointment that is taking away an appointment that we could have offered to another patient that needed care. Also, when an appointment is cancelled at the last minute, it does not give the clinic the ability to offer that appointment to another patient in need.
- The deposit IS refundable if the client cancels the appointment with more than 48 hours’ notice.
- The deposit is NOT refundable if there is a cancellation within 48 hours of scheduled appointment time OR if they simply do not show up.
- The $50 deposit will be applied to the balance due at the initial appointment.
We hope that by doing this, it will alleviate any “NO SHOWS” and last minute cancellations so we can provide the best care possible to our patients that really need us!